In the digital age, to be a good teacher, it is necessary that in addition to master a scientific area, whether it be knowledgeable of pedagogical and didactic skills as well as digital skills.
Pedagogical and didactic skills, should cover methodological and technological aspects related to the production, presentation and publication of content, classroom tutoring and online formative assessment continues, the use of an LMS and the use of a synchronous virtual classroom, if working in distance learning. These techniques are covered in one other chapter. https://goo.gl/5AU1dc
From our experience and research, we identified about 50 complementary digital skills for education that we think can be divided between mandatory and recommended.
The following classification is very subjective because much depends on the professional involvement that each teacher has in his daily activities, and education level that is on working.
We have divided the activities identified in 11 topics:
1. General aspects
2. As information and research source
3. Communication and collaborative work
4. Share documents directly or cloud environment.
5. Publish content and work
6. Organize images and videos
7. Social networks and manage communities
8. Territorial information, maps and circuits
9. Source applications and utilities
10. Schedule Online
11. Other recommended
Our research project takes the following steps:
1. From the identified skills, making a survey, asking teacher´s opinion about the identified digital skills to identify the digital skills as mandatory and recommendable.
a. Video 00 - Digital skills of teachers for the 21st century (7m09) Project overview
2. Base on the obtained results, interview international experts about their opinion related to the survey conclusions.
3. Identify absolutely necessary and recommended tools to be used for teacher´s digital skills.
4. Make videos and text tutorials about the use of the mandatory and most recommended digital skills (integrating automatic translation in text and subtitles), as well as recommended applications to be used about each topic.
The conclusions of our survey are pointing the relative importance of the topics under research.
Video research conclusions
For each of these most important identified topics and sub-topics we are preparing video tutorials, with a view to its characterization, and in some cases instructions, more or less detailed for use. We will put our focus on free using applications.
1 - General aspects
The Internet has been and continues to be one of the most dynamic ingredients, of digital revolution. It is therefore necessary to know in some detail how it came about, what it was, what it is and its trend of development, as well as how this element fits and interferes in our society.
· How to see the tutorials with automatic translation into all languages and How to generate YouTube subtitles in all languages
n Basics about the Internet
n Basics about communicate using your mail
n Shorten URL
n Automatic translator
n Google cultural Institute
n Basics about security and ethics in Internet
n Basics about installing/uninstalling applications
n Basics about hardware/operating system maintenance
n Screen capture and Copy images from Internet
n Copy music
n Basics to record audio and video
From our point of view it is very important to start giving instructions about how to translate automatically texts and create subtitles in the videos in all languages.
· How to generate YouTube subtitles in all languages
Today we live not only, in the knowledge and information society, but also in the communication society in real time, it is however necessary to master tools to do so. In today's communication, we require not only communicate in audio but also in video, sharing screen of our instruments, whether PCs, mobile phones or tablets.
Disseminating information synchronously or "on demand", spreading globally in research, content, or current information or merely the URL where this information is accessible.
For these we need to have automatic language translators. Reducing or URLs that convert sometimes too long links a small number of characters, so can be shared on social networks or transmitted directly. For these we need to master information and the use of applications with the following profile:
· Understanding the Internet (video tutorial 6m56)
Example of video tutorial:
Example of video tutorial:
· Understanding how to communicate with you e-mail (video tutorial 6m17)
An email is a tool to communicate in real time between two or more people anywhere in the world.
· Reduce URL (video tutorial 2m20)
· How to compress a URL
· Automatic translation (video tutorial)
· Screen Capture and copy images from the Internet (video tutorial)
· Understanding to record audio and video (video tutorial)
2 - As information and research source
The Internet has revolutionized the research process and research as well as to obtain results of surveys distributed online. The improvement obtained it was not only in information search speed, and the quality of data collection and dissemination.
But, when two decades ago it was proposed to create a knowledge and information society, connecting cultures and civilizations in real time, what really happened was come a society of information overload and lack of knowledge, where an important part is wrong or manipulated. It is therefore necessary to know search and select the quality of information, not to be led into error.
Access is extremely simple and the search information is available by writing or voice search, simply follow the methods themselves.
· How to navigate and search the Internet. (Video tutorial)
· Take online surveys and questionnaires. (Video tutorial)
3 - Communication and collaborative work
Today in a global society, the interactivity and the planetary collaborative work is a necessity and a reality which greatly benefits the results. We can quite easily join a group of experts from various parts of the world and organize work together with minimal effort and saving a lot of time for travel and lowering of any project budget. What in many cases it would not be feasible with physical meetings.
However requires own methods and techniques accordingly. We must therefore overcome some limitations. Whereas the various players can be distributed by the "four corners" of the world, it is therefore necessary, knowing the right time to all participants in a project in accordance with the time zone where you are. To convene meetings is therefore necessary that all the different hours to be converted in one hour reference. Or whether the bandwidth is enough to make contact videoconferencing, or meet minimum to overcome the difficulties.
Or match the agendas of several people, super busy twenty-first century and for this purpose use a software accordingly.
But still use a methodology that optimizes the work to be done and choose the most appropriate application.
· Communication distance in audio and video. (Video tutorial)
· Time zone converter. (Video tutorial)
· Measure your bandwidth. (Video tutorial)
· Organize a meeting and synchronize schedules with their partners. (Video tutorial)
· Remote collaborative work. (Video tutorial)
· Communicate in audio and video, share screen and other activities like quizzes, or sharing videos.
o Skype (video tutorial)
o TeamViewer (video tutorial)
o Mikogo (video tutorial)
o Hangout (video tutorial)
· Share documents directly or cloud environment.
Work on projects remotely implies not only communicate in audio and video with screen sharing, but also sharing files where you can collaborate in real time or asynchronously. But both have a way with another to master a set of appropriate techniques. Today we have above all, the environment "cloud" that helps us to synchronize documents and various equipment in real time.
· Cloud environment - Google drive (video tutorial)
· Cloud environment - onedrive (video tutorial)
· Cloud environment - Dropbox) (video tutorial)
· Use WeTransfer to send large files (up to 2GB) (video tutorial)
4 - Publish content and work
Today we all have something to share, the reality of our day-to-day of our investigation, our individual work or team. Today at our disposal, a set of tools and open servers that use extremely facilitate our work and publish our portfolios.
· Create your website and publish your documents, content and experiences. (Video tutorial)
· Make your blog. (Video tutorial)
· Create an e-book. (Video tutorial)
· Create a DVD. (Video tutorial)
· Post PPT. (Video tutorial)
5 - Organize images and videos
We live in a multimedia world, where images are the main ingredient in teaching communication. Capturing images is crucial, but it is essential to organize them, share them individually, or arranged in simple or very sophisticated format.
· Understanding your images and photos. (Intro + Google images / one Drive / Dropbox). (video tutorial)
· Edit your photos and videos for publication. (Video tutorial)
· Publish your photos / videos / content on your video channel. (Create your YouTube channel) (video tutorial)
6 - Social networks and manage communities
Today no one lives alone, everyone with everyone, whether in their specific communities or social networks. Meet their basic and which best serve our interests, and meet the minimum as manage is an absolute necessity.
· Create and manage your communities. (Video tutorial)
· How to use social networks. (Video tutorial)
7 - Territorial information, maps and circuits
The world is at our disposal in classroom format. With some time constraints and economic, but mostly virtual access it is right at our fingertips.
Today there are lots of written information in photos and videos that allow us to get a detailed information about almost every place on the planet.
It is therefore easy to organize our circuits, and long trips. We can identify, distances, times, alternative circuits. Public transport and more, it's very easy provided you use the application itself.
Virtually around the world. Organize your trips: see the maps, distances and alternative circuits. (Google images) (video tutorial)
Google Earth (video tutorial)
· Google Cultural Institute (video tutorial)
8 - Source applications and utilities
We are often facing problems to solve, but we often forget that there are many applications that can help us a lot. For these you just look in the right place and in most cases we are surprised positively.
· Google Play
· Apple Store
· Windows Marketplace (video tutorial)
9 – Online agenda
A few decades ago all of us had their agenda in paper, where we pointed everything, and every year we need had to get a new copy and a number of things to the new agenda …
Today everything has changed and improved a lot.
If you do not have a digital agenda, that is the challenge?
Optimize your digital agenda. (Video tutorial)
10 - Other recommended
Much more can still find to help us solve some difficulties, just use the appropriate application.
· Create conceptual maps
· Communicate through word cloud
· Digital Games for children
· Google Classroom
· Make your own educational games.
· mobile applications for educational use
· Virtual reality
· Google for Education
· YouTube Education
· Plagiarism control
· Facebook webcast
· YouTube webcast
There is also important to know basic aspects, which may prevent many problems.
· Understanding security and ethics in the Internet
· Understanding the install / uninstall applications
· Understanding hardware / operating system maintenance